Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

Well, I tried. That's all I can say. I got my hubby tickets to the Tigers game with my oldest daughter, Lily, for Father's Day. Pretty good gift, right? Wrong. Lily slept over a friend's the night before and had a bit of a cold, that combined with the heat made her a cranky mess so they ended up leaving the game before the end of the 4th inning. She was apparently whining the whole time and being quite embarrassing. Great. I just wanted to yell at her "Why are you ruining this day?" but she is just a kid and it doesn't matter what day it is, if she's cranky, she's cranky. The other one was no peach either as you can see from the pic below:
I may have redeemed the day somewhat with a steak dinner and the 'best chocolate sheet cake ever'.

My husband is such a wonderful father. Having grown up with barely a relationship with mine, I am so grateful that my girls have a dad who is here and will always be here for them, no matter what. I also know that we wouldn't have the life we have without him. So, I am sorry this day wasn't the best representation of how much we appreciate you, we will try to show you everyday how much you mean to us.

No comments: