Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Stuff I made

Here are some of the things I made for Christmas (and after for the sweater vest) this year. I forgot to take a pic of my mom's apron, some placemats for my sister and probably many other things.

Christmas pajamas for the girls, although I think this will be the last year for those. Lily refused to wear the shirt and they were only worn that night after all my hard work. I was informed by Chloe after I made these that she no longer likes nightgowns. UGH.



Hat and scarf for Alya from the book "Last Minute Knitted Gifts". The hat was way too big even though I made a smaller size. Bummer. He seemed to like them though and wore them a lot while he was here. For you knitting nerds, I made them with Lion Brand Wool Ease.




These are a couple of the 4 wallets that I made this year. The pattern was a combination of several tutorials. I was very pleased with these and the one on the left is in my purse right now.




I made this case for Lily's MP3 player. She no longer likes the fact that it is pink, so this hides that pretty well. She seems to like it and use it often.



I made 2 sets of each of these from a pattern that I got on sale for $.99. I did not make the boots, they were bought from etsy. Aren't they adorable? I can't wait to make more clothes for their dolls. Thanks to my mom for helping me to finish these up at the last minute!


This last one was just made from this pattern: jchandmade.typepad.com/jcasapatterns/2009/10/neighborly.html It was so fast and easy. The only modifications I made were to crochet a flower instead of a button and I crocheted around the armholes instead of knitting. She's pretty cute! (knitting nerd info: I used cheap acrylic yarn I had in my stash: Caron Simply Soft to make this. I know some of you are all about natural fibers, but it is soft and washable and CHEAP, so I am happy with it)
Now I am on to Wondermommy's Stash Busting contest. I have no illusions that I will win any prizes for most things made with a full time job and 2 small kids, but the prize will be to decrease my stash and make some things that I have had planned for ages. Speaking of stash, I spent last Sunday organizing my fabric and putting all of my projects into plastic bags so they are ready to go. First up: lunch bags for me and my girls!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, you have been busy. Everything is great. Love the knit hat and scarf. Nice wallets too!

MoxyIdeas said...

Great work all around! I sympathize with you about the Christmas outfits. For the last two years, ANYTHING I made for my son made him run away in tears. Supercapes, t-shirts, whatever. If he was just looking at it, he liked it. If I put it on him, instant drama and waterworks. But I'm not giving up! :) Hope your stashbusting is going well! I love those wallets!

Tiffani said...

Love the cheap part! And using what you have and what is affordable. Hope your stash busting is successful!

the Provident Woman said...

You are amazing. I absolutely love the pj's. Great job. I bet those were loved by all that received them.
theprovidentwoman.com

Biggest Fan said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I agree, two of the same have a relationship that cant be beat. I wanted two of the same, most people want one of each, but I wanted my son to have a brother. Im so happy he got one.

Your girls are adorable.

Jessica - The Novice Chef said...

You are so talented! IT all looks great!