Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Sweet Lily




Dear Lily,
I can't believe you have been with us for eight years! It seems like only yesterday that you came into this world and made our lives infinitely more exciting, wondrous, meaningful. (and also crazy, hectic and exasperating at times) You made me a mother and you mean the world to me. You are such a special girl, here are a few examples.

  1. I admire your empathy toward others. You are always considerate of people's feelings.
  2. I respect the fact that you always try to do the right thing and follow the rules.
  3. I am in awe of your self confidence and self-awareness at such a young age. You do your own thing even if everyone else is doing something else.
  4. You are a fabulous artist and writer.
  5. I think it is amazing how well you pay attention to things, you can always retell an event or story with many details.
  6. You are so sweet to your little sister, even though I know she drives you nuts sometimes.
  7. I love that you will let her sleep in your bed, so she isn't scared or upset
  8. I loved when you went on a field trip you used some of your tickets to get a prize for her too.
  9. I love that you can be so patient with her in helping her learn how to do something new.
  10. I love that you call each other 'sissy'
There are so many more things about you that are amazing. I am so grateful to be your mom and I love watching you grow and mature (although don't do it too quickly, OK?)

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Daddy said...

You are the best mommy for my girls hun!